Current Size: 100%
Accreditation & Assessment
The School of Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). The accreditation was granted in Fall 2017 with no areas for improvement (AFIs) and will be active for seven years. Additionally, the PhD program in Counseling Psychology is fully accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). Specific programs with other national recognition include:
- BS in Elementary Education (The Association of Childhood Education International),
- Masters in Elementary Education (The Association of Childhood Education International),
- Special Education (The Council for Exceptional Children),
- School Psychology (National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)), and
- Educational Administration (The Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC)).
The School of Education also has 14 subject area disciplines that are State approved by the Office of the State Superintendent (OSSE) to prepare candidates for certification in the District of Columbia.