OTHER EXIT REQUIREMENTS (Ed.D. Program)
• Successfully complete all coursework with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
• Not accumulate 9 or more semester hours of grades below B
• Demonstrate competency in the English language as evidenced by a passing score on the Graduate Expository Writing Examination. The Expository Writing Examination must be completed successfully before the student may sit to take the Preliminary Examination.
• Pass a written Preliminary and Comprehensive examination as prescribed by the faculty of the major department.
• Complete an approved internship for a minimum of one (1) semester (full‐time). The Internship is a full‐time mentored experience, under the supervision of a field supervisor in an assigned school, school district, or some other prior approved educational organization.
• Develop and defend a doctoral dissertation proposal in the major field that demonstrates an ability to organize and present effectively findings and results of research study.